December 21, 2017
Sorry girls, but we’re going to have to go through the painful parts of the summer preparations – WAXING 😲
It’s fine, let’s not stress. Just get it done and over with, but do the painful prep first so that you can treat yourself to the fun parts! Once the waxing is done for me, I know what I have planned next and it’s all my favourite bits like getting my nails, lashes and hair done. You obviously don’t have to do aaaalll of the summer preparations I recommend but these are my top 5 if you’re ever feeling stuck;
1) NAILS: get them done after you have planned your looks girls. If you have gone crazy on mutli-coloured outfits maybe go for a nice subtle nude or metallic colour that goes with every look. Or go for a colour pop that compliments your outfits. Personally, I love hands & toes to match! Maybe invest in a good foot cream if you know you’ll spend a lot of time on the beach as the sand, sun & sea can make your feet quite rough and dry.
2) EXFOLIATE: I always exfoliate the week leading up to my holiday because when old skin starts to pile up on the surface of the skin it can make your skin looking dull, rough, and dry. So to get myself looking fresh and healthy I have a regular exfoliating routine. I recommend Apricot Scrub by St Ives as it’s the most natural and smells sooo good!
3) TRIM & CONDITION YOUR LOCKS: I believe a harmless trim before you go away is a must as I think it makes my hair looking and feeling super healthy. The satisfaction of running your fingers through your hair then holding the ends and actually feeling the goodness is just one of the best feelings eveeerrrr! Also, whilst you are out on holiday you’re being exposed to the luscious sun; however it can also really dry out and damage your hair. So what I do is a salon or at home conditioner treatment which is great as I can physically feel the nourishment in my hair big time!
4) WAXING: I know I have mentioned this before, but the most important tip I can give you is to get your waxing done a few days prior to your trip as the area can be slightly red and sensitive when exposed to the sun! Be careful!
5) EYELASHES: Lash extensions or a tint and perm are great as it makes me feel more confident especially when I have no makeup on. It’s such a good investment!
So these are your last minute beauty preparations for you holiday. Feeling confident is the best asset you can take with you on holiday so have a little look at our Beach Body plan to have the overall confident summer look.
Remember to have fun through the WHOLE process girls – even the waxing 😅