5 wholemeal wraps
1 handful of grated cheese or 2 handfuls of crumbled feta
3 tablespoons olive oil.
350g turkey or beef mince.
1 large white onion, peeled and sliced
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped finely.
1 teaspoon of chilli powder (more or less depending on your taste)
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
½ tin of kidney beans, drained (optional)
Optional toppings – chopped avocado, sliced spring onions, greek yogurt, sliced jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 190c
- Heat 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil in a frying pan and brown the mince (turkey won’t brown like beef so cook it until the meat changes colour on the outside)
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and sauté. Stir in the chilli powder, kidney beans and tinned tomatoes (plus half of the tomato juice)
- Season to taste and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes. Add in more of the tomato juice if it starts to dry out.
- Meanwhile cut the tortillas into triangles (a pizza cutter is the easiest thing to use or if not a sharp knife).
- Lay the triangles on a wire rack over a baking tray. If you don’t have a wire rack you can lay them straight onto a lined baking tray but make sure you turn them over half way through cooking.
- Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy (keep an eye on them as they will burn easily!)
- Leave to cool slightly before adding to a bowl and topping with the chilli mince. Add any of the optional toppings or any other vegetables you wish.
I always say everything in moderation. That's why my team and I have an amazing FakeAway guide that includes 33 delicious recipes of your most favourite go-to takeaways. They have been re-invented in to healthier versions, but just like the nachos you won't be able to tell the difference!
Click here to get your very own for just £6!