January 12, 2018
Quinoa could well be the original superfood. Native to the Andes, it was sacred to the Incas, and it’s easy to see why – it’s gluten-free, packed with fibre, B vitamins and the antioxidant vitamins C and E, and it’s a great source of minerals, including iron, zinc, magnesium and calcium. But probably the most unusual thing about it – apart from the fact that it’s actually pronounced ‘keenwa’ – is that it’s one of the very few ‘complete’ plant proteins, providing all the amino acids we need.
Oh, and obviously our fruity quinoa breakfast tastes great, too – what a way to start the day!
1 packet of The Food Doctor Quinoa Easy Grains
30g of Mixed Nuts
50g of Berries
1/2 of a Lemon
30g of Greek Yoghurt
- Slice the banana and kiwi.
- Toss the quinoa with the blueberries, sliced banana and kiwi fruit.
- Sprinkle with the mixed nuts, and top with the juice from half a lemon.
- Serve just over half for breakfast today; and cover the remainder with cling film and keep in the fridge for later in the week.
- For the 2nd Serving: Mix 30g of Full-Fat Greek yoghurt with the remaining fruity quinoa and serve immediately.
Enjoy this fab recipe, ladies!
Need more tasty recipes like these? Want to try them out before you get one of our plans? Try our Free Forever plan which gives you a mixture of recipes and workouts FOREVER 😱
Click here for the Free Forever Plan