Fish and shellfish are nutrient dense and salmon is no exception. It is an excellent source of high-quality protein, vitamins and minerals (including potassium, selenium and vitamin B12) but it is their content of omega-3 fatty acids that receives the most attention. Another ingredient in this beaut recipe is Quinoa. It is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E, and fiber. It is one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids.
100g sweet potato, chopped
40g quinoa (cook as per packet instructions)
100g salmon (tinned) or if you prefer cook a salmon fillet from fresh
20g fresh spinach roughly chopped
15g goats cheese, crumbled
3 spring onions, sliced
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Cook quinoa as per packet instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Meanwhile, heat water in a pan till boiling and add in the sweet potato. Turn down heat and simmer until soft.
- Add the cooked quinoa, sweet potato along with all of the other ingredients into a food processer and blend until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into 10 balls and place on a lined or greased baking tray.
- Cook for approx. 15 minutes until golden and cooked through. Turn over halfway through cooking.
For more recipes like this then don't miss out on our free trial at the moment which gives you access to:
💦 9 workout programmes (Including Beach Body!)
💁🏽 6 diet styles (Including Beach Body's 30 Day Get Lean)
Join a community of over 250,000 ladies all working towards a goal, supporting each other and working it together. Click here to get started!