SCROLL DOWN FOR YOUR FREEBIE!
Yaaasss it's Friyaaaaay 🙌🏽 What better thing to do than have a night in with a takeaway? Especially as the weather is so cold at the moment, we all crave something a little bit naughty to warm our selves up and make ourselves feel better. Buuutt how about having something naughty but not so naughty?
Try my pitta pizza and sweet potato nachos from my FakeAway guide. I promise you will LOVE it! Health & delicious at the same time.
Plus if that wasn't enough I'm giving away for FREE some of my favourite recipes featured in my FakeAway Guide.
All you need to do is scroll down to the bottom and enter your info 😀
Bon Appetit baby
For the pizza:
o 2 whole-wheat pitta breads
o 1 yellow pepper, sliced
o slices of mozzarella,
o Fresh basil, sliced (optional) For the sauce:
o 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
o 1/2 onion, chopped
o 1 cloves garlic, minced
o 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
o 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
To make the tomato sauce, heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft and slightly browned (about 4 minutes) then add tomato paste and herbs. Heat for 2 minutes.
On a baking sheet, place the 2 pita breads and evenly spread the sauce over the top of the breads. Add the yellow pepper slices and lay the mozzarella over the top.
Add to the oven and bake for roughly 10 minutes, until cheese has melted and bread is slightly browned. Remove from oven and sprinkle with basil. Cut into slices and enjoy!
- Optional toppings - sliced tomatoes, spicy sausage, peppers, pineapple
SWEET POTATO NACHOS
(serves 1 as a main or 2 as a side)
o 1 sweet potato, skin on, washed and dried
o 2 tablespoons olive oil
o 1 tsp oregano
o 50g goats or feta cheese, crumbles
o 4 cherry tomatoes, chopped
o 1./2 avocado, diced
o 2 spring onions, chopped
o 2 tablespoons creme fraiche, greek yogurt or sour cream
o If as a main add optional toppings if you wish such as jalapenos, cooked bacon, cooked chicken etc.
1. Preheat the oven to 220C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Fill a large bowl with cold water to dip the sweet potato slices in after you have sliced them.
3. Using a mandoline or a sharp knife, slice the sweet potato into thin slices. You can slice into thick slices but you will need to increase the cooking time slightly. Immediately place each slice into the bowl of cold water.
4. When you have sliced the whole sweet potato drain the water from the bowl and pat the slices dry with kitchen paper.
5. Add the olive oil and oregano into the bowl with the slices and mix well.
6. Place the sweet potato slices onto the baking tray. It is important to put the sweet potato slices in a single layer and not to overcrowd them as this will prevent them from going crispy.
7. Cook in the oven for 12 minutes, turning once. Keep a close eye on them as they burn easily. You will need to increase the cooking time slightly for thicker slices.
8. When the sweet potato slices are cooked, transfer them to a baking dish. Add the cheese and return to the oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Top with the chopped tomatoes, avocado, spring onion any additional toppings and add the creme fraiche or sour cream to the top.
9. Serve immediately.