January 11, 2018
First of all, great choice for choosing to make this dish. Before you start making this delicious meal, here are nutritional benefits of a couple of our ingredients just to make you feel great about picking this recipe.
So, swiss chard is not only a superstar in Mediterranean cooking, but is also one of the most nutritious vegetables around today. Health benefits of Swiss chard: Swiss chard is a nutritional powerhouse -- an excellent source of vitamins K, A, and C, as well as a good source of magnesium, potassium, iron, and dietary fiber.
Leeks is the next ingredient. Like onions and garlic, leeks have sulfur-containing compounds such as allicin that fight dangerous free radicals in your body. They also contain kaempferol, a flavonol that may help fight cancer and lower your risk of chronic diseases including heart disease. Plus, notable quantities of antioxidants and vitamins A and K, along with healthy amounts of folic acid, niacin, riboflavin, magnesium and thiamin.
Hope you enjoy cooking and eating this meal!
2 tbps olive oil
2 large leeks, sliced
1 potato, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 1/2 tsps paprika
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 bunch of swiss chard, sliced
4 large eggs
30g goat’s cheese
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add the oil to pan
2. Add the leek and cook for 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add potatoes and garlic; cook 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir in 1 teaspoon paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
5. Add the swiss chard; cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Using a spoon, push potato mixture aside to make 4 egg-size spaces.
7. Crack 1 egg into each space; sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon paprika over eggs.
8. Cover and cook 3 minutes; sprinkle cheese over potato mixture.
9. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until egg yolks are lightly set.
Curious about our other new recipes. Be sure to check out our plans which contain more than 450 recipes and a few new monthly recipes too! Just remember, the only plan that doesn't give you access to the recipes in OnDemand. However you have over 6 plans to choose that include both workouts and food! Give it a go...click here to pick which plan best suits you.