2 tbsp. olive oil/coconut oil
4 spring onions, sliced
1 garlic clove, crushed
2cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and sliced or 4-5 pinches of dried chilli flakes (adjust to taste)
2 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp. ground coriander
500 g. pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks
400 ml tin coconut milk
350 ml hot fish stock
grated zest and juice 1 lime
450 g. raw tiger prawns
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium and gently fry the spring onions for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and spices, and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and turn to coat in the spices.
- Gradually stir in the coconut milk and stock.
- Add the lime zest, then bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin is just tender.
- Add the prawns and cook for 4-5 minutes until they turn pink.
- Stir in the lime juice and taste. Adjust the spice hotness to your taste.
- Serve in a bowl and enjoy.
Happy Halloween and I hope you enjoy this recipe!
For more recipe ideas that won't break the bank click here for my OnDemand+ plan. You will have access 350+ recipes and 450+ workouts that you can pick and choose from. Win Win.