Do you often feel tired and wish you could be more energetic and able to take better advantage of your time?
Who among us hasn't experienced spells of tiredness or lack of energy, often at the worst possible times, when we just want to get things done? The reasons why you may feel tired and depleted of energy can vary from simple, such as lack of sleep or dealing with stress at work.
Forming some good lifestyle habits can help you to maximize your energy levels on a day-to-day basis.
Read on for our tips on how to feel more awake and alert:
1. Pay attention to diet! 🍽 One of our main sources of energy is, of course, the food we eat. So, if we want to keep our energy levels up, we must eat healthfully and try to integrate the most nutritious foods in our diets.
We measure the energy that we can derive from foods in calories If we don't consume enough calories our bodies may feel tired, as they don't have enough "fuel" to run on.
At the same time, however, if we get too many calories, there's a system overload, and we may end up feeling sluggish. So, in order to feel fresh and ready for action, we must learn to maintain a balance in terms of our calorie intake. But energy is not just about the number of calories; it's also about their quality.
Some foods provide an energy kick but have little or no nutritional value. This means that they will not support a healthful energy reserve and may harm you in the long-term. Such foods are a source of so-called empty calories, and they typically include processed and ultra-processed products, such as sweets, crips, and soda.
2. Do some light exercise 🚶🏻♀️ Sometimes in the middle of the workday, I start to feel sluggish and my brain can "shut down." At those times, I find it useful to get up from my chair, stretch a little, walk around the office, and then continue work at the standing desk. A little movement helps to revitalise me!
3. Put time aside for Yoga & Meditation 🧘🏼♀️ Practicing yoga and meditation might also help to boost your energy levels. This is because these practices focus on techniques — such as mindful breathing — that aim to promote a state of calm.
4. Learn to delegate tasks 📝 This might not seem to be an available option for many of us who have taken on too numerous hats — perhaps as partners, parents, or dedicated career people. We might feel stifled by our responsibilities — from the very small daily chores, such as doing the dishes, to the less mundane, such as a vital work project with many ramifications. However, if we don't find a decent strategy to redistribute some of these responsibilities at least from time to time, it may lead to burnout and a constant sense of fatigue in our day-to-day lives, which is not at all conducive to productivity and happiness.
5. Don't underestimate sleep 😴 Finally, it's vital to make sure that you get enough good-quality sleep at night to prevent fatigue or recover from the effect of tiring or stressful activity throughout the day. Although this may be the most obvious advice, many of us often underestimate the impact that shortened sleep time or disrupted sleep, can have on our energy levels and health and well-being, in general.
I hope these tips come in handy in helping you feel more awake and alert throughout the day ⏰
👉🏽 Here at Results with Lucy we have 1000+ workout videos, including Yoga, and 600+ delicious & healthy recipes to help boost your energy levels ✨ Get started with a 10 DAY FREE TRIAL by clicking here 👈🏽