We get sooo many questions about protein here at RwL HQ, so we thought we'd quickly summarise about protein, how much you actually need and where to get it from! 🍽
Benefits of Protein 👍🏼
- It's is a nutrient your body needs to grow and repair cells
-Protein is known to have the highest level of "Satiety" out of all the Macronutrients (Fats, Carbs, Protein) thus people who eat higher protein diets tend to feel fuller and tend to overeat less
How much protein do I actually need? 🤷🏽♀️
Where does protein come from? 🤔
- Lean meats – beef, lamb, veal & pork
- Poultry – chicken, turkey & duck
- Fish and Seafood – fish, prawns, crab, lobster, mussels, oysters, scallops & clams
- Legumes and beans – Beans, lentils, chickpeas, split peas & tofu
- Dairy products – milk, yoghurt (especially Greek yoghurt) & cheese
- Nuts and Seeds – almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds & sunflower seeds
- Whey Protein - A complete protein which contains all the essential amino acids to help your body build and repair lean muscle tissue.
FREE RECIPE - PROTEIN PANCAKES 😍
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder (I ALWAYS use the WMN Daily Protein range from Bulk Powders - check it out!)
- 100 ml milk/milk alternative
- 1 large egg
- 50 g porridge oats
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- Coconut oil
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (optional)
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Add the oats to a blender and blitz until it resembles a fine flour. Add the protein powder, baking powder, egg and milk to the blender too and blitz everything until you have a texture like pancake batter. Add in the dark chocolate chips.
- Heat a lightly oiled frying pan over medium high heat. Pour the mixture onto the pan, using approximately ¼ of the total mixture for each protein pancake.
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the pancake for about 50 seconds until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a flexible spatula, flip over and cook the other side.
- Add to a plate and if using add to the top of the pancake 1 tbsp peanut butter and drizzle over some maple syrup. 😍
If you have any more questions about protein, comment them below and we will post the answers here within our blog 👇🏼🙇🏽♀️📱