- Always sit down to eat and take time to enjoy. Don't get up and rush off into the pool as soon as you are finished either; allow time for your food to ‘go down’. 🏊🏼♀️
- Drink plenty of water & stay hydrated. You should be aiming to drink at the very least 1.5L of water a day as dehydration can be a cause of constipation and bloating, especially when you're on holiday. 💦
- Eat food or consume drinks which is easier to digest. Easier to digest food and drink can be different for everyone but a common drink would be fizzy! I know, I know... you're on holiday and its UNLIMITED! But try to balance it our with water. 🍹
- Limit the processed & refined sugar. Look, I didn't say you'd enjoy these tips to reduce bloating whilst your away, but what were you really expecting to hear?! 🤷🏽♀️😂 Don't completely cut it out as you're on holiday and deserve to treat yourself, but remember how you'll feel when you get back to your hotel room. 🤢
Keep moving whether this be a walk along the beach, a session of water aerobics in the pool or a workout in your hotel room. Being active will get your blood pumping which improves the oxygen supply around your body including your digestive system. This can help improve a sluggish digestive system and help reduce bloating! 🏖
- Be sensible with your all inclusive choices. I get it... you can eat as much as you want, but after a few days of doing so you'll definitely be feeling it! Eating a big meal can cause you to feel bloated. This is natural, but in the morning you will wake up feeling back to normal. 🍽
You're not alone when it comes to bloating, as it's something pretty much all of us experience but it's good to know how you can prevent and reduce bloating when you're rocking that two piece by pool! 👙
If you want to get your blood pumping whilst on holiday with our Hotel Workout Guide (inside our Beach Body with Lucy programme) then get started on Results with Lucy for FREE today by clicking here.
I hope you have an amazing holiday & have a cocktail on me!