There are so many different companies, fitness influencers and celebrities trying to promote a whole spectrum of different ways, as to how to live your life these days! We know this first hand because we are one of those companies! Here at Results with Lucy we always have our members’ best interests at the centre of everything we do and we understand 100% that a one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition, in particular, does not exist 🚫
We are all unique individuals ❄ who function in completely different ways, living completely different lifestyles. This is why we offer 11 different diet styles for you to mix and match from or follow solely on its own!
The diet style we get asked the most about is our Healthy Balance ⚖ (80/20) diet style. This is the perfect way to approach your eating if you do not want to count calories; you like to eat 3 meals a day and you want to eat varied, balanced meals 🍴
The concept of the 80/20 approach to eating is that for 80% of your week, you are making good food choices (you can pick and mix the recipes from our Recipe Bank!) and then the other 20% of the time is for your social events, meals out and nights in with the sweet goodies!
To put this into perspective:
There are 21 meals in a week (based on 3 meals a day)
17 of your meals are to be healthy, balanced, nutritious and mindfully chosen;
and, the other 4, can be the meal out with the girls to celebrate; the drinks on a Saturday night or the dessert you want to enjoy after your favourite meal!
Another core aspect of our Healthy Balanced approach to eating is that it is hunger directed. You do not eat simply for the sake of it. We want you to eat when you’re physically hungry, not for any other reason, such as boredom 💤 Eat to fuel for your workout or to provide you with energy to focus at work, on a project or event.
This is one of our most popular approaches to nutrition and meal planning for this particular diet style is so simple and easy! You can include meals that the whole family will love, or will help you to meal prep with ease - choose recipes you can batch cook to freeze, or have the next day for lunch!