Despite your best intentions... you know that over the festive period and upcoming Winter months, theres going to be a lot of cold mornings and festive get togethers with plenty of food & drink, effecting your usual routine.
Here are our top tips for this Winter:
1) Schedule, schedule, schedule! 🗓 We know you're going to be very busy this winter, which is why you need to make exercising a priority and plan your workouts. Your workouts are important meetings you schedule with yourself; bosses don't cancel!
2) Make exercising fun. 🤪 You won't want to wake up early in the mornings if you're bored of your usual workouts. Make exercising fun and exciting by trying out new workouts/styles/equipment, as you're more likely to not snooze your alarm. Over the next few weeks we are launching some BRAND NEW workouts including Boxing, Yoga, Pilates, Kettlebells & Skipping so be sure to check out our 10 day free trial!
3) Drink plenty of water. 💦 If you're having 'cravings' or you're feeling 'hungry' then you may just be thirsty. Drink a large glass of water and see how you get on.
4) Plan your meals. 🍽 Try and plan your meals for the week ahead as you're more likely to eliminate temptation as you already know what you're going to eat. If you're running late from work because you're under strict deadlines, don't go for the convince food. Be sure to start meal planning & prep, so you can have some meals left over in the freezer for when you're running home late or can't be bothered to cook!
5) Use your slow cooker! 🍜 Speaking of can't be bothered to cook one evening... get your hands on a slow cooker! Prep your slow cooker and turn it on before you leave the house and you'll have more time to relax, than you will cooking when you get home. Perfect to warm those cold winter nights.
6) Find an accountability buddy. 👯♀️ By finding an accountability buddy to keep you accountable for your workouts & nutrition, means you'll be less likely to skip a session! It can help you to push yourself further and work out longer if you have someone else with you. No-one around you who can help? Speak out in the #rwlfitties community for a buddy!
7) Bad choice? Accept & move on. 👋🏼 Feeling 'guilty' from eating those chocolate biscuits? You've made the decision to eat whatever naughty treat you wanted wanted to. All you need to do now is just move on. It’s best not to attach feelings to your actions but instead just be responsible for your actions. It’s not all over, you're only human. It's very likely that the majority of people have eaten a pack of something that is not the recommended portion size. Just think and keep reminding yourself "I haven’t wasted my hard work and time for nothing!" If I can do it you can definitely get straight back into it!
8) Don't Quit! ❌ You may have got into the mindset of, "Why bother now, I'll just start in the new year! Theres no point in being healthy with Christmas only round the corner?! 🤷🏽♀️" You've still got 2 months until the New Year and you could really transform your body in this space of time, so don't quit!
9) Set yourself a goal! ✨ Have you found a little sparkly number that you've got your eye on? Set some mini goals of what you'd like to achieve (e.g workout 4 times a week for the next X weeks, only have 1 glass of wine a week & take 20 minutes out each day for 'me time') etc. If you set yourself the 'deadline' as your Christmas part and achieve these right up until it, you deserve to go and treat yourself with that little sparkly number!
10) Plenty of sleep. 💤 I know you're going to have so much planned over the festive season & you're probably going to be up late... 👀🍹💃🏽... but on the days you've got nothing planned, be sure to relax and get enough sleep! Getting good quality sleep of around 8 hours, is the gold standard. Making the most of what your life allows you, is all the choice many of us get. But diminish the importance of sleep at your peril! It is an important and key component of any weight loss plan.
I hope these tips come in handy over the next few months & if you're looking for a workout weight-loss programme which you can do in the comfort of your own home 🏠 , then why not try out our 10 day free trial? You have complete access to our 1000+ workouts & 600+ recipes for 10 whole days!
If its not for you, you can cancel at any time (... not that you would as we have everything you would need 😏).