7 Super Food Cereal
- 2 tbsp Linwoods ground flaxseed mix (any brand will do, but we prefer the one with sesame seeds, goji berries and sunflower seeds)
- 1 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1-2 tsp Manuka or natural honey
- 1 banana
- Milk or milk alternative
- In a small-medium sized saucepan, combine all dry ingredients and the frozen berries.
Pour over enough boiling water to combine the ingredients but not so much that the mix is swimming/totally covered in water.
Slowly simmer ingredients, allow the 'porridge' to heat through and berries to defrost, add the honey and continue to keep moist by adding a little water (if needed) as it cooks and heats through. You'll notice the chia seeds become gelatinous - this holds the mix together like typical, sticky porridge.
Serve, once you feel it's made to your liking (after 3-5 mins usually). Top with chopped up banana and/or milk as desired.