Asparagus & Artichoke Soup
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts
- 1 tbsp of organic butter
- 1 medium shallot or small green onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus, with the ends discarded
- 1 can of water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp of fresh tarragon leaves or 1 1/2 tsp of dried
- 3 cups of filtered water
- 1/2 cup raw macadamia butter or cashew butter
- 10 sprigs of fresh watercress
- Chop artichokes coarsely and set aside. In a saucepan add butter, chopped shallot/onion and chopped asparagus.
- Mix and simmer gently for 4-5mins
- Add artichokes, water chestnuts, vegetable stock and tarragon leaves and then heat through.
Add about 2 cups of water to the vegetables, meanwhile stir the remaining cup of water into the nut butter until smooth, and then carefully stir into soup.
Stir soup frequently while heating over medium-low until mixture is heated through; do not boil.
Taste for seasoning, serve chunky or blend until smooth, if preferred. Top with watercress, once served.
(This recipe makes 4-6 servings, so share with the family or freeze/refrigerate leftovers to use later)