Asparagus Salad with a Runny Poached Egg
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 200g peeled cooked beetroot cut into bite-sized pieces (omit from first part of 30 Day Get Lean)
- 4 handfuls mixed leaves
- Half a cucumber, cut into batons
- 8 asparagus spear, trimmed
- 2 large egg
- Pour the olive oil and vinegar into a small bowl, mix well and add the beetroot.
Divide the mixed leaves and cucumber between 2 plates.
Blanch the asparagus in a pan of simmering water for 2 mins, then remove and set aside.
Crack the eggs into the pan and simmer gently for 3 mins until the whites are cooked and the yolks are just beginning to set, but still runny. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
Meanwhile, add the beetroot to the salad plates, pour over the dressing and lightly toss together.
Top each plate with asparagus and a poached egg to serve.