Bacon Asparagus with Egg
- 8 asparagus spears
- 8 x bacon rashers
- 2 x egg
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 C
- Toss the asparagus in 1 tablespoon of olive oil so that all spears are well coated. Wrap each asparagus in a bacon rasher, securing with a wooden skewer if necessary. Place on a roasting tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10 - 15 minutes in the oven, or until the bacon is crisp and the asparagus is tender.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Once the oil is hot enough add both eggs and cook to your liking.
- Share the wrapped asparagus and eggs between 2 plates and enjoy.
Tip: You could serve with soft boiled eggs instead and dip the asparagus and bacon into the yolk! Yummy!