Bubble and Squeak Breakfast Stack
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, mashed (or any other root vegetable)
- 100g leftover sprouts
- 100g leftover cabbage
- 4 bacon medallions, chopped
- 2 medium avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- 4 eggs
- Chilli flakes (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- In a large non-stick frying pan, fry off the bacon with the leftover sprouts and cabbage.
- After around 5 minutes, once the bacon has started to brown, add in the sweet potato along with salt and pepper. Mix well then flatten down with the back of a spoon or spatula so that it is spread evenly across the pan.
- Bake in a 200 degree oven for 10-15 minutes until the top has gone golden brown.
- In the meantime, mash the avocado in a bowl and add the lime juice, salt and pepper and some chilli flakes.
- To soft boil the eggs, first make sure they are room temperature. Set a large pan of water to boil then carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water. Set a timer for 6 minutes.
- When the timer is up, plunge the eggs into a bowl of ice cold water and leave to cool for a couple of minutes. Once cool, carefully peel off the shells.
- When the leftover veggies are done, carefully divide into quarters and spoon out the mixture onto your plates.
- Top with the smashed avocado, an egg and some more chilli flakes for an extra kick if you like.
You can use any leftover veg you have for this and you could leave out the bacon for a vegetarian alternative.