Buckwheat Pancakes filled with Smoked Salmon and Poached Eggs
- Batter Ingredients
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 150ml milk alternative such as almond or oat milk
- 150ml water
- 1 free-range egg
- Olive oil
- Pinch of salt Filling Ingredients
- 4 tbsp of mixed berries, e.g. blueberries, blackberries, strawberries, raspberries (use frozen
- berries or other fruits when berries not in season)
- 4 tbsp unsweetened fromage frais
- 2 tbsp of chopped nuts, e.g. hazelnuts, walnuts, pecan nuts
- A little honey
- To make the pancakes, put the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and add the egg. .
Mix the milk and water in a jug. Beat the egg into the flour, adding the milk and water a little at a time to make a batter. Leave for at least one hour to rest.
Lightly oil a frying pan and heat it well. Put a tablespoon of batter into the pan and roll it round to the edges. Cook until the pancake is golden then turn to cook the other side.
Place the pancakes on a plate and fill with the fromage frais, berries and chopped nuts. Drizzle with a little honey.