Butternut Squash & Tofu Curry
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 369g of extra-firm or firm water-packed tofu
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided into 2
- 1 large butternut squash halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1x tin of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 450g of kale or chard, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 pinches of black pepper
- Combine the curry powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Blot the tofu dry with a paper towel and cut into 1-inch cubes.
Add the tofu to a separate bowl with 1 teaspoon of the curry powder mixture and mix well.
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook, stirring every 2 minutes, until browned. Cook for 8 minutes in total. Transfer to a plate.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash, onion, ginger and the remaining curry powder mixture.
Cook, stirring for approximately 4-5 minutes until the vegetables are lightly browned. Add the coconut milk and brown sugar; bring to a boil.
Add half the kale (or chard) and cook, stirring, until slightly wilted, about 1 minute. Stir in the rest of the greens and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Return the tofu to the pan, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the squash and greens are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice.