- 2 medium or 1 large sized carrot, cut into chunks
- Olive oil to coat
- 1/2 tsp of whole caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp of ground cumin/coriander mix
- 1/2 tsp curry powder (may be adjusted)
- 75g of sprouted chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1/2 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp tahini
- 60ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- Celtic sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Roughly chop the carrot. Cover with olive oil and roast in the oven at 180c degrees, until tender.
Combine the chickpeas and the garlic in the bowl or a food processor/blender. Pulse for a few seconds until the chickpeas are well ground.
Add the caraway seeds, cumin, curry powder and Tahini to the mixture and pulse until they are well incorporated.
With the motor running on low, slowly pour the olive oil into the processor.
When the oil has been well blended, add the fresh lemon juice.
Add carrots and blend until combined.
Season the hummus with salt and black pepper to taste.
Cut up vegetables to dip in, halve an avocado, top with carrot hummus and sprinkle with salt & pepper.