Cheesy Brunch Pancakes
- 2 medium egg whites
- 70g self raising wholemeal flour
- ½ cup skimmed milk
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they have doubled in size and form soft peaks.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour with milk, mixed herbs, parmesan, baking powder with salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the egg whites to make your batter.
- In a good non-stick pan, using a little spray oil, spoon ladles of the mixture to form pancakes. Cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook the other side for another minute or so. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the white wine vinegar. Create a whirlpool in the water with a spoon and crack in an egg. Leave for 3-4 minutes until the white has set then remove and leave to drain on kitchen towel, repeat with the other egg.
- Smash the avocado in a bowl and mix in the lime juice.
- Stack the pancakes with avocado and the poached egg, top with a little extra parmesan and enjoy.
Poached eggs can be difficult to master, a couple of top tips are to ensure your eggs are fresh and room temperature before you start.