Chicken and 2 Bean Chilli
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green chilli pepper de-seeded and sliced
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can kidney beans, drained
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp of tomato puree
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2bell peppers green, red or yellow; diced
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a boil. Boil the chicken until it's no longer pink in the centre and the juices run clear, usually this takes 7 to 10 minutes.
Drain the chicken and place in a slow cooker.
Heat the organic butter or coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the onion and garlic in the hot oil for 5 to 7 minutes; scrape into the slow cooker once done.
Add the black beans, kidney beans and tomatoes with green chillies, tomato puree, chicken stock, vinegar, chilli powder, cumin, salt, and cayenne pepper to the slow cooker.
Cook on high until the beans are tender, usually 3 to 4 hours. Stir the diced green, red, and yellow bell peppers into the chilli and cook for another 20 minutes.
Note: if you don't have a slow cooker, a casserole dish is sufficient. Bake in the oven for 1-2 hours on a medium heat 150-160C. Serve on baby spinach or with steamed seasonal greens. (Serves 3-5 so share with the family or freeze/ refrigerate leftovers).