Chicken and Broccoli Soup
- 1 chicken breast, cut into 4-5 chunks
- 300 grams broccoli, roughly chopped
- 475ml chicken stock (made with low sodium stock cube)
- 235ml water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley (or 1 tsp dried)
- 3 springs fresh sage (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 spring fresh thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the olive oil and crushed garlic in a large saucepan and saute the garlic over a medium heat for 1 minute.
- Roughly chop the parsley, sage and thyme and place in the saucepan. If using dried herbs don't add yet.
- Add the chicken stock and water to the pot and bring to the simmer. If using dried herbs add in now.
- Add the chicken and broccoli to the pot. Place the lid on the pot and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Take off the heat and place all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the salt and pepper to taste.