Chicken and Shiitake Mushroom Pie
- 6x chicken boneless thighs, diced
- 120g whole shiitake mushrooms (or any mushroom you prefer)
- 1x 400g tin coconut milk
- 2x garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2-3 sheets of filo pastry sheets
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x egg or 5g butter (melted)
- Green vegetables of your choice to serve with the pie (asparagus, kale, spring greens etc)
- Pre heat the oven to 180c
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat and add the red onion.
- Once the onions are soft add the chicken thighs, garlic, mushrooms and coconut milk. Crumble in the vegetable stock cube.
- Once cooked through pour into a pie dish.
- Roughly tear and scrunch the filo pastry and place onto of the mixture in the dish. Brush the filo pastry with a beaten egg or melted butter to help it brown in the oven.
- Place in the oven for around 20-30mins until the pastry is browned and the chicken is cooked through. Whilst the pie is cooking you can cook any vegetables you wish to accompany the pie.
- Serve the pie and vegetables together and enjoy!