Chicken and Vegetable Salad
- 2 x chicken breasts, butterflied
- Olive oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, destoned and halved
- 200g x spinach leaves
- 220g x green beans
- 220g x tenderstem broccoli
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper or chilli flakes
- Over a medium heat, heat some water in a large pan until at a simmer. Whilst waiting for the water to heat up, heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Season the chicken on both sides with chilli flakes or salt and pepper (or both!).
- Add the tender stem broccoli and green beans to the water and cook at a simmer for approx 3-4 minutes. Do not over cook - they should still be firm to the touch.
Meanwhile cook the chicken in the frying pan for approx 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
Add the spinach leaves to 2 bowls and top with the broccoli, green beans. and avocado.
Slice the chicken breasts and scatter on top of salad. Over each bowl squeeze over the juice of a half a lime and serve.