- 4 x chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- ½ garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x salad tomatoes, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh basil (to taste)
- 1 x bag of green salad leaves
- Place the chicken breasts in a large sandwich bag and place on a flat surface. Bash the chicken with the rolling pin until they are thin and the same thickness.
- Heat some oil in a large pan (the pan needs a lid) over a medium heat
- Remove the chicken from the sandwich bag and place in the hot pan. Sear one side of the chicken (until it turns white) and then turn it over. Put a tight fitting lid on the pan, reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes. Do not remove the lid in this time. Check the chicken is cooked through after 10 minutes. Place the lid back on the pan and leave the chicken to one side.
- Meanwhile mix all the remaining ingredients (apart from the green salad leaves) and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts on plates and add the mixture to the top of each breast. Serve with green salad leaves and enjoy.