Chicken Chili with sweet Potatoes
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tin of cannellini beans, rinsed
- 250ml of chicken stock (made with reduced salt stock cubes)
- 125g of frozen sweetcorn
- 250g of diced chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced (optional)
- Heat oil in a pan over a medium-high heat.
Add the chicken, onion, garlic, sweet potato and pepper to the pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are slightly softened.
Stir in the chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook for 1 minute whilst stirring Add the beans and stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, partially cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Increase heat back to medium-high and stir in the sweetcorn. Cook for 1 minute.
Serve topped with the avocado (if using)