Chicken Cobb Salad
- 100g diced chicken breast
- Approx 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/2 tin chickpeas
- 1/2 a red pepper
- 1/4 iceberg lettuce, cut into size pieces of your choice
- 2 eggs
- 2 rashers of good quality bacon
- Preheat the oven to 180C, gas mark 4. Place a layer of foil on a baking tray, add the diced chicken pieces, then bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile grill the bacon to your liking and cut into pieces when ready.
Place the eggs in a saucepan with enough water to cover them both. Bring the water to the boil and simmer the eggs for 3 minutes, then remove from the heat, drain, cool under running water and set aside. Cook for longer if you prefer a more hard yolk. When cooled cut into quarters.
Scoop the flesh out of the avocado with a spoon and cut into chunks or slice into slithers. Cut the red pepper into chunks or slice into slithers.
Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Place the lettuce leaves on to a plate or into a bowl. Add all other ingredients and serve