Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups
IngredientsFor the Marinade:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- You will also need toothpicks and resealable freezer bags
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Set aside.
Slice the chicken long ways into even slices. Place the chicken into resealable freezer bags and firmly push down on the chicken using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer or roll over them with a rolling pin to an even thickness of about 1/2 an inch.
Pour in the marinade making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes to overnight.
Once chicken has marinated, place 3 pepper slices in the middle of the chicken, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the chicken have been rolled up and place seam side down in a baking dish.
Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 180 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the juices run clear.
Serve on a plate with any remaining peppers and a green salad!