- 10ml virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 diced chicken breast
- 2 pinches of paprika
- 50g brown rice
- 6 tomatoes, de-seeded and cut into quarters
- 250ml water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 100g cooked cocktail prawns
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a fairly large frying pan and saut̩ the onion and red pepper for 1 minute, then lower the heat and cook, covered, for about 10 minutes or until softened.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
Turn the heat up to high and saut̩ the diced chicken for 2 to 3 minutes or until the chicken turns white.
Add the paprika and the rice and cook gently for 2 minute.
Meanwhile pour 500ml of boiling water into a jug and add the stock cube. Stir until dissolved.
Add the chopped tomatoes and stock to the pan.
Give it a quick stir and add the chilli flakes.
Cover and cook over a low heat for 12 - 15 minutes or until the rice is tender.
Add the prawns for the last 2 to 3 minutes. Finally, stir in the chopped spring onion.