Chicken Skewers & Greek Salad
- 500g chicken, cut into bite-size cubes
- Cherry tomatoes - enough for 2 per skewer
- 2-3 peppers, different colours , cut into squares.
- 1-2 onions, cut into large chunks
- Greek Salad Ingredients
- 2 large tomatoes, cut up into quarters
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cos lettuce (or alternative), sliced
- Black olives, chopped or whole
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled over the top
- Oregano (to taste)
- Cut all the ingredients to skewer size, rub the meat in coconut oil, salt and pepper.
Make your skewers on either wooden or metal skewers, sprinkle with a bit more coconut oil.
Either cook on the BBQ or put on the grill, turning regularly until cooked through (chicken juices should run clear)
Tip: if you're using wooden skewers, douse them in water before putting them on the BBQ or under the grill, to stop them burning or worse still, catching fire!
Salad Cooking Directions
- Cut all the ingredients and put into a bowl. Sprinkle with olive oil and oregano.
Note: This recipe makes 10-20 skewers - depending on how much you put on each skewer. You should also adjust the recipe for larger/smaller groups. The following will be enough for between 4 people depending on how hungry everyone is.