Chicken Stir Fry
- 4 broccoli florets, halved
- 1 chicken breast diced
- Small piece of ginger, cut into shreds (adjust amount to your taste)
- 1 garlic clove, cut into shreds
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 30g brown rice (cooked as per packet instructions)
- Cook the rice following the packet instructions.
Put the kettle on to boil and tip the broccoli into a medium pan ready to go on the heat. Pour the water over the broccoli then boil for 4 minutes.
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and stir-fry the ginger, garlic and onion for 2 mins, add the mild chilli powder and stir briefly.
Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 mins more. Drain the broccoli and reserve the water.
Tip the broccoli into the pan with the soy, honey, red pepper and 4 tablespoon broccoli water then cook until heated through.
Serve the rice alongside the chicken stir fry