Chili Pitta Nachos
- 5 wholemeal wraps
- 1 handful of grated cheese or 2 handfuls of crumbled feta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil.
- 350g turkey or beef mince.
- 1 large white onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped finely.
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (more or less depending on your taste)
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin of kidney beans, drained (optional)
- Optional toppings - chopped avocado, sliced spring onions, greek yogurt, sliced jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 190c
Heat 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil in a frying pan and brown the mince (turkey won‰۪t brown like beef so cook it until the meat changes colour on the outside)
Stir in the onion and garlic, and saut̩. Stir in the chilli powder, kidney beans and tinned tomatoes (plus half of the tomato juice)
Season to taste and simmer gently for 10-15 minutes. Add in more of the tomato juice if it starts to dry out.
Meanwhile cut the tortillas into triangles (a pizza cutter is the easiest thing to use or if not a sharp knife).
Lay the triangles on a wire rack over a baking tray. If you don‰۪t have a wire rack you can lay them straight onto a lined baking tray but make sure you turn them over half way through cooking.
Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake for 10-15 minutes until crispy (keep an eye on them as they will burn easily!)
Leave to cool slightly before adding to a bowl and topping with the chilli mince. Add any of the optional toppings or any other vegetables you wish.