Chocolate Orange Snowballs
- 150g pitted dates
- 30g cacao powder
- 75g oats
- Juice of half an orange
- 50g coconut oil
- Desiccated coconut (optional)
- In a small pan, put the dates with enough water to just cover them. Simmer on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Tip the dates into a blender with the remaining ingredients (not the coconut) and blend until you have a smooth paste.
- Roll into balls with your hands and refrigerate for an hour until set (if you want to use the coconut, roll the balls in the coconut before putting them in the fridge)
- Remove from the fridge to serve.
The mixture is quite messy, if you have wet hands it will prevent the mixture from sticking to you.