Ingredients for the salad:
- 200g parsnips, chopped
- 2 bacon medallions
- 100g Brussel sprouts, peeled and chopped in half
- 200g Turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 90g chestnuts, chopped
- 100g steamed kale
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds (optional, to serve)
Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Juice of ½ orange
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, coat the parsnips and sprouts in the olive oil and salt and pepper and mix until well coated.
- Spread the vegetables on a lined baking sheet and roast for 20 minutes at 180 degrees until lightly browned.
- While that is cooking, grill the turkey breast and bacon medallions for 5-10 minutes, turning half way through until cooked thoroughly.
- Steam the kale for a couple of minutes and add to a large mixing bowl with the dried cranberries and chestnuts.
- Once cooked, add the roasted vegetables and chop in the bacon and turkey breast.
- Add all of the vinaigrette ingredients to a blender and process until you have a smooth dressing.
- Add the dressing to the bowl with the remainder of the salad and toss until well mixed, top with pomegranate seeds to serve.