Chunky Minestrone Soup
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 parsnips, roughly chopped
- 125g spinach leaves
- 125g cabbage, roughly chopped
- Olive oil
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning
- 7 tbsp passata
- 150g dried pasta
- 400g can butter beans or kidney beans drained
- Freshly ground pepper
Cooking Directions - Slow Cooker Recipe
- In a pan heat the oil over a medium heat and cook the onion for 2-3 minutes
- Add the onions and all the other ingredients except the pasta into your slow cooker to make the soup base.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours of high for 3-4 hours. Add the pasta 30-45 minutes before serving (if you wish to freeze some of the soup base remove it now before the pasta is added. Cook until the pasta is tender
- Season with black pepper and serve.
This can be frozen (without the pasta) - freeze the cooked and cooled soup base without the pasta in labelled and dated freezer bags for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge overnight and reheat thoroughly in the microwave or a large saucepan over a medium heat, string gently, until piping hot. Cook the pasta as per the packet instructions and add to the soup base before serving.