Chunky Vegetable Soup
- 2 parsnips, chopped roughly into small chunks.
- Half a large (or one small) butternut squash, roughly chopped into small chunks.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped.
- 3 large carrots, chopped roughly into small chunks.
- 1 red pepper, chopped roughly into small chunks.
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- 1 clove of garlic.
- 1/2 tablespoon. of ground black pepper.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper.
- 200g of puy lentils.
- Put oil into a large pan and heat, then add vegetables and stir fry for 2 mins
Add garlic, salt and pepper, and stir fry for a further 2 mins.
Add stock and simmer until all vegetables are soft.
You choose to blend it or leave it chunky.
This will give you four good servings of soup - it will last in the fridge for 3 days and you can reheat before eating or you can freeze for up to 3 months. Make sure you defrost thoroughly first.