Deviled Guacamole Eggs
- 6 large eggs
- 1 medium avocado
- 2-3 tsp fresh lime juice
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- ½ jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional toppings – cooked bacon, spring onions, feta cheese
- Place the eggs in a saucepan with enough water to cover them both. Bring the water to the boil and simmer the eggs for 6-7 minutes or until hard boiled. Remove from the heat, drain, cool under running water and set aside.
- Once cooled peel the eggs. Cut the eggs in half horizontally. Scoop out the yolks and set aside in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mash the avocado and add in half of the egg yolks. Save the remaining egg yolks for up to 3 days in the fridge – you can add to salads, sandwiches or eat them on their own for a quick snack with salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- In the avocado and egg mixture bowl mix in the lime juice, tomato, red onion, jalapeno, salt and pepper and adjust to taste.
- Scoop a heaped spoonful of the guacamole mixture into the 12 halved eggs and serve with any additional toppings and a green salad