Easy Healthy Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 6oz of porridge oats
- Baking paper or olive oil to rub on the baking tray
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract (change amount to taste)
- 2 teaspoons of peanut butter (change amount to taste)
- 2 handfuls of chopped walnuts, almond or pecans (change amount to taste)
- 1 handful of dessicated coconut flakes
- 1 handful of cocoa nibs
- 1 handful of dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180c.
Place oats in blender or food processor and blend until oats become the consistency of flour; it's okay if it's not perfectly ground.
In large bowl combined mashed banana with the oats until smooth.
Add in any extras you wish to or leave it as just bananas;
Place the baking paper on a baking tray or rub with olive oil so the mixture does not stick.
Place 1 large tablespoon of mixture onto the baking tray and flatten a bit with a spatula or back of the spoon.
Bake for 9-12 minutes or until the cookies are set. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Cookies will keep in a covered container for a few days, or they can be frozen and reheated. Makes about 16 cookies. 1 serving = 4 cookies