This recipe is not suitable for the first part of the 30 Day Get Lean
- 4 x skinless cod (or any white fish) fillets
- 500g new potatoes (omit from 30 day lean)
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 5 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock, made with low sodium stock cube
- 100g pitted green olives
- Lemon wedges to garnish
For the marinade
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- Blend all of the marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Rub half of the mixture over the cod fillets. Cover the fillets and chill in the fridge for between 20 minutes and an hour. Keep the remaining marinade in a covered bowl in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a pan of salted water until tender, drain, then cut in half lengthways.
- Place a pan over a low heat, fry the garlic in the oil for 1-2 minutes. Add the peppers and onion and cook for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the remaining marinade from the fridge and stir it in to the pan. Add the vegetable stock into the pan and stir well.
- Remove the fish from the fridge. Place the cooked potatoes in a big non-stick frying pan with a lid. Top with half the tomato mixture, then add the fish fillets. Add the remaining tomato mixture on top of the fish. Scatter over the olives, cover and cook over a medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Garnish with lemon wedges to serve.