- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh berries
- 150g low fat greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp honey
- Whisk the egg, milk and vanilla together in a wide bottomed bowl, soak the bread a slice at a time until it has soaked up almost all of the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan on a medium heat then add the bread. Try and avoid moving it for 4-5 minutes until the bottom side has cooked, then flip over and allow the other side to brown.
- Once both sides are nicely browned, serve up with the yoghurt, berries and honey.
For a special twist you could serve with a scoop of ice cream instead, or if you want a warm topping, try frying off some banana slices with blueberries and a tsp of cinnamon.