Gluten-Free Fajita Salad
- 2 organic chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tin of organic Mexican re-fried beans
- 1 knob butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika ground
- 1/2 tsp dried coriander leaf
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 -2 red chilli sliced (de-seeded if preferred)
- 4 handfuls of mixed baby salad leaves
- 2 tbsp plain unsweetened organic yoghurt
- 1 tsp jalapenos (jarred or fresh), sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 large or 2 small avocado, halved and de-stoned
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced or minced with red onion to make a salsa.
- Black cracked pepper to season
- Sassy Salsa see recipe in snacks and sides
- Add 1-2 tsp coconut oil to a heated frying pan. Shallow fry sliced red onion, garlic and red chilli for 2 minutes.
Add a dash of water, smoked paprika, ground coriander leaf and ground cumin and salt, add the chicken pieces and steam fry until chicken has browned. If using refried beans instead of chicken, add these now to the frying pan and turn heat to low.
Add a few splashes of water to allow flavours to mix together. Simmer on a low heat until the beans are hot all the way through, but not burning or sticking.
If using chicken, continue to steam fry until cooked all the way through (around 10-15mins) letting the flavours soak through the entire mix. Don't allow the mix to dry out too much (add splashes of water, if needed).
In the mean time prepare the salad ingredients onto 2 separate plates.
First, lay the plate with baby salad leaves, then grated carrot, diced tomatoes and chopped avocado ( å_ of everything split between your plates).
Top salad with the chicken or bean mix and garnish with a tablespoon of plain yoghurt, Sassy Salsa and sliced jalape̱os.