Gorgeous Gluten-Free Brownies
- 150g walnuts, rinsed
- 150g Brazil nuts, chopped
- 150g dates (packed), pitted
- 100g raisins
- 75g cacao powder
- 100g dried (unsweetened) cranberries, cherries or other dried red fruit
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 30ml water (or sufficient for processing)
- Food processor
- Wax paper
- Rolling pin
- Put walnuts in food processor and blend until fine. Add remaining ingredients and continue to blend until well mixed.
Add water (by the tablespoon) as needed to blend but do not let mixture become too wet and sticky.
The mixture should stay together when pressed between thumb and forefinger when it is done but should not be sticky. If mixture looks too wet, you can add more cacao powder to thicken it up a bit.
Remove mixture from food processor and place onto wax paper. Place another piece of wax paper over the top and roll out mixture with rolling pin. Roll from the center outward until you create a square that is about 1 inch thick.
Place in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours before serving with a mound of fresh berries.
Note: Like the Monkey Balls, this is best served the next day and left in the fridge to set overnight.
Recipe makes 15-20 squares of brownie so do share with the family, be the new office best friend and take leftovers in for all to show off your new found healthy baking skills.