Gourmet Brussel Sprouts
- 1 lemon
- 200g Brussels sprouts, halved
- 200g baby Brussels sprouts
- 50g butter
- 4 bacon rashers, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (45g) toasted pine nuts (omit from 30 day lean)
- Use a zester to remove rind from lemon. (Alternatively, use a vegetable peeler to peel rind from lemon. Use a small, sharp knife to remove white pith from rind. Cut rind into very thin strips.) Juice the lemon. .
Cook Brussels sprouts in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes or until bright green and tender. Drain well.
Melt butter in frying pan over high heat. Add bacon; cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the Brussels sprouts, lemon rind, juice and pine nuts. Gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.