Grilled Pumpkin Salad
- 1 medium pumpkin/butternut squash (skin on or off, it's your choice)
- Raw or cooked spinach (1 large handful per person)
- Generous pinch of cinnamon
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced or finely chopped
- Cooked quinoa (enough for half a bowl for each person)
- Cumin, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper (to taste)
- Handful of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- Slice the pumpkin into long, 1cm wide slices, sprinkle with cinnamon and grill on a high heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
Chop the onion and garlic and cook in a pan with some coconut oil.
Add the garlic and onions to the cooked quinoa.
Add cumin and cayenne pepper and add the cherry tomatoes and spinach.
Add the grilled pumpkin on top and serve.
Tip: Sprinkle chia seeds on top to give extra Omega 3 goodness!