Grilled Tomatoes and Feta on Rye
- 1 slice of rye bread
- 2 large salad tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 tsp organic feta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt and black pepper
- Turn on your grill medium to high.
- Using foil or baking paper, cover a small baking tray. Place the 4 tomato halves face down so that the skin is facing up. Grill for 5-7 mins until the tomato flesh starts to brown a bit.
- In the meantime, toast the rye bread.
- Remove from the oven and turn them over, press 1 tsp feta into the top of each tomato half, season with pink Himalayan salt and pepper and return to the grill for a further 5-7 mins or until the feta starts to melt and brown slightly.
- Place the tomato on top of the toasted rye and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.