Halloumi Lettuce Wraps
- 1 packet of halloumi cheese, cut into slices
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, diced into small cubes
- 8 x lettuce leaves that can be used as wraps
- 185g cooked quinoa
- 4 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 x avocado
- 1/2 x cucumber, diced into small cubes
- 2 x tomatoes, diced into small cubes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the cucumber, tomatoes, quinoa, pomegranate seeds, and avocado. Drizzle over the lemon juice and add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a skillet or frying heat the olive oil and 1 – 2 cubes of the butter. Add in the halloumi cheese. Don’t over crowd the pan so you may to cook in batches. Add in more cubes of butter as needed.
- Once the cheese is browned, carefully remove with a with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
- In each lettuce leaf place some of the quinoa mixture and top with halloumi slices.