Healthy English Breakfast
- 4 rashers good-quality lean unsmoked back bacon
- 4 portobello mushrooms (omit from first part of 30 Day Get Lean)
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes (omit from first part of 30 Day Get Lean)
- Olive oil
- 2 slices rye bread, cut on the diagonal (omit from 30 Day Get Lean)
- 2 good-quality pork sausages, minimum 86% pork
- 2 free-range eggs, room temperature
- Lay the bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes on a foil-lined tray.
Brush the tops of the mushrooms and both sides of the bread with oil. Set aside. Heat the grill to very hot. Lay the sausages on a small foil-lined tray (best not to prick good-quality sausages or they may lose moisture). Grill for about 10 mins until cooked, turning occasionally.
Meanwhile, three-quarters fill a small pan, and a wide, deep pan with water. Bring both to the boil. Lower an egg into the small pan and remove after 30 secs. Crack the egg into a cup.
Using a wire whisk, swirl the water around in the large pan to create a whirlpool. Remove the whisk and slowly tip the egg into the centre of the whirlpool. When the water comes back to the boil, remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for 3 mins, then remove the egg.
Place in a bowl of warm water while you cook the other egg the same way.
Meanwhile heat a griddle or frying pan to very hot. Place the tomatoes, bacon and mushrooms under the grill for 3-4 mins without turning. At the same time, lay the bread on the pan, cook until crisp, about 1 min each side. Drain everything on kitchen paper.
Put everything on a plate and serve