Holy Basil and Chili Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 300g diced chicken breast (if non V) or;
- 300g of mixed seasonal vegetables ready to stir-fry
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-2 carrots, peeled and sliced julienne
- 1 courgette, sliced/julienne
- 2 handfuls of baby spinach
- Thai basil (from an Asian supermarket)
- 1-2 whole red chillies
- 2 large handfuls of bean sprouts
- 1 tbsp of water
- 3 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan over a low heat, add garlic, onion and chilli and cook until fragrant.
Add chicken and cook for 1 min before adding the carrots and spinach. If vegetarian, at this point add all the vegetables (except the Thai basil).
Add all flavouring ingredients, if needed add a little more water and turn up the heat.
Cook for another minute (or until chicken pieces are thoroughly cooked or vegetables are cooked but still crisp.
Stir a dozen basil leaves in as you turn off the heat to allow the basil to wilt and the flavours to travel through the oils before serving.