Homemade Bolognaise Sauce
- 300-500g minced steak (organic)
- 3 large bay leaves
- 1 cube organic beef stock
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 125ml red wine
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 pinch of dried oregano
- In a saucepan, start cooking the onions, garlic and beef stock cube in a small amount of boiled water (just enough to cover the base of the pan).
Add the bay leaves and allow the water to simmer gently, once you can smell the bay leaves, add the red wine and bring the mix to simmer again.
Add the mincemeat and start immediately breaking it down until the mince and the wine become a sauce together.
As the liquid reduces and the mince starts to cook, mix in the tomato puree and the chopped tomatoes.
Season with salt and pepper and dried oregano.